Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support
- Provides basic IT support to personnel within the organization on an as-needed basis, this includes helping users get started with WordPress, helping users with technical issues, etc. Includes assisting site users with issues related to CHD’s content, such as issues with receiving emails, errors with filling out forms, errors with viewing or reading content, etc. Responds to help desk tickets.
- Digital Services
- Maintain video index, archive, embeds, retrieval, and any other related tasks. Coordinate with translations coordinator for transcripts/closed captions to ensure website accessibility for all potential users. Assist tech team with various external software applications. Provide specialized assistance to CHD personnel such as page editing, organization, and correction on an as-needed basis.
- Tech Team Support
- Provide support for all tech team members on an as-needed basis. Support tasks include writing documentation on technologies currently used for CHD websites, and other everyday tasks to help the tech team work efficiently.
- Collaborate with and assist developers and website content coordinator. Coordinate workflow and project deadlines with other digital assistants.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Non-recurring assignments on an as-needed basis, such as but are not limited to:
- Creating slide shows
- Creating page indexes for staff reference
- Quality assurance audits
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and website security methods
- Assign user roles and permissions
- Ensure 2FA for users
- Provide any necessary assistance in page creation/editing, site organization, and possess the ability to troubleshoot
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Apply simple styling as needed to pages and/or plugins and extensions
- Understand code changes put into place by other team members
- Use proper technical language when making reports to other team members
- Understanding of internet and research skills
- Basic understanding of how websites work in general
- Understanding of how different technologies are used in conjunction with each other
- Have skills to learn new technologies quickly and apply them
- Organize information in meaningful ways; understanding of Google Suites/Workplace tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Drives)
- Customer Service, Time Management, and Communication skills
- Extensive teamwork and collaboration
- Active listening and written, oral, and digital communication
- Working with many users with diverse needs, converting technical jargon into plain language
- Scheduling/meeting deadlines, responding to emails in a timely manner
- Able to switch between tasks as priorities change
- Able to work on several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of information into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with many different staff members, chapter representatives, vendors, and volunteers
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Graphics ability is a plus.
- Must have previous experience working in web development or similar technology
- College degree or trade certifications are helpful but not required