Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. The job responsibilities include testing of hot mix asphalt and aggregates to ensure adherence to federal/state, and/or customer specifications. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Conduct tests on Hot Mix Asphalt and component materials to determine compliance to applicable specifications
- Perform sampling and various lab tests on hot mix asphalt; such as volumetric measurements and asphalt content
- Perform sampling and testing of stock aggregates; including gradation, gravity absorption, and crush counts
- Roadway Construction Testing: temperature, layer thickness, compacted in place density and sampling
- Knowledge of hot mix asphalt quality control data
- Experience with various hot mix asphalt and aggregate lab equipment.
- Familiarity with the paving process
- 3 recent years’ experience with hot mix asphalt quality control
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions. Regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as grease, gasoline, diesel fuel and hot asphalt mix
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to 50 lbs. Use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.