Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- The Operator shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The Operator shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- The Operator is expected to attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- The Operator shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely do the job at hand.
- The Operator shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- The Operator shall report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents immediately to Supervisor.
- The Operator shall be a safe worker on and off the job.
- 3 recent years’ experience working as a Backhoe Operator.
- Valid driver license required with no DUIs or serious traffic violations.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 75 pounds.
- CDL Class “A” driver’s license.
- Valid driver's license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- Knowledge and understanding of “safety systems” associated with equipment operation including set-up and emergency procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of loading, unloading and transport procedures for equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of compaction requirements for ground conditions or customer needs
- Knowledge and understanding of and perform proper daily maintenance on equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of the proper care of equipment including hours of service requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of support equipment operation, digging equipment, vacuum-units, reel trailers, backhoes, plows and trenchers
Knowledge & Skills:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Ability this is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.