Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. You must be able to work on several types of power construction equipment, such as front end loader, roller, bulldozer, or excavator in order to move, excavate and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavements. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate such stated machines.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to beginning work.
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
- Align machines with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, and materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Learn and follow safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 recent years’ experience running, maneuvering, driving, and navigating equipment such as bulldozer, excavators, rollers, and front-end loaders.
- Must have previous GPS Dozer experience.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines.
- Osha 10 certified, preferred.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions. Regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as grease, gasoline, diesel fuel and hot asphalt mix.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects weighting up to 50 lbs. Use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.