Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking two Part-time Certified Medical Assistants for our Corpus Christi, Texas facility.
Saturday & Sunday 3pm-12am
***This part-time position comes with an annual bonus of up to $1,500.00 depending on hours worked and good performance. We also offer $1,000 of tuition reimbursement to all part-time staff working at least 20hrs per week after 6 months of employment*
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: https://cenikorfoundation.applytojob.com/apply/hkSrsPW3kp/Certified-Medical-Assistant-PartTime-Corpus-Christi-TX?source=REDBALLOON
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for working closely with program staff to provide health services and education for Cenikor clients.
- Ensure that the medical clinic is in compliance with program policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements when needed.
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation is completed and placed in clients’ medical files as required.
- Ensure clients are initially registered and classified into the local hospital care system within seven (7) days of admission.
- Assist facility staff in developing and implementing educational seminars and/or training for clients on various health topics, including but not limited to, proper medication procedures, smoking cessation, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, exercise and personal wellness.
- Manage and operate the medical clinic efficiently.
- Assist with pre-admission screening process as needed.
- Provide health education for Cenikor clients and staff as needed.
- Dispense prescribed medications as needed to clients daily.
- Accurately assess and treat minor client health problems.
- Schedule appropriate medical and health-related appointments for clients.
- Conduct monthly inventory and assist facility staff with appropriate disposal of expired and/or discontinued medications.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture to help maintain a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Establish positive relationships with physicians and maintain a network of health professionals to assist in providing client medical treatment.
- Report potential communicable diseases to the public health authority as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the nonexempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experienced in working with various types of people.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilient in a challenging environment.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Capable of providing medical care to a diverse ethnic and cultural population.
- Capable of performing job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year of medical experience preferably in providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment.
- Knowledge of the therapeutic community philosophy preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic health record system preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically including MS Outlook calendar.
- Current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) required
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER