TruPlay - Austin, TX, United States
Our culture is falling apart. We are reaping decades of taking God’s message out of our culture. Very few voices speak into the lives of children with a Godly message. Children spend countless hours on screens. There is hardly any faith-based content in the app stores. What messages are our children taking in?
Who will rise up to steward the next generation?
We believe that what people play matters. TruPlay produces mobile games that resonate with our 4 Foundations of Fun, Beauty, Excellence, and God’s Truth. With God’s Blessing, we will continue to reach Millions around the world and produce a tremendous amount of economic value for everyone involved.
We’re creating an interactive content platform for children.
As our technical artist, you will be primarily responsible for creating tools that speed the workflow of the 3D art team, as well as creating scripts and other tools to optimize our pipelines and set up our artists to create the most visually stunning worlds possible in our Unity environment. You will work closely with the Art Director to execute on the visual look of our games, and employ effective and efficient rendering techniques to bring the worlds to life. This role will be a driving force in the development of future visual improvements to the look and feel of the game, from shaders, VFX, rendering and beyond.
- 3+ years of experience as a shader, look dev or technical artist in mobile games
- Strength working with AAA games engines such as Unity
- Ability to work effectively with small and/or remote teams in a results-driven environment
- Comfortable with troubleshooting artist technical problems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of art optimization techniques
- Develop tools and help build pipelines.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Unity Engine
- Proficiency in game development tools and software
- Experience with Substance Designer & Painter
- Experience with programming in HLSL, C++
- Familiarity with the Bible
- Create as well as improve shaders and existing technologies, for better performance and stream line asset creation.
- Partner with character and environment artists on asset look development, assisting with general support of creating UV’s, textures, and materials.
- Work with production to define time estimates, risks and quantify work based on quarterly goals.
- Standardize development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders combining industry-standard content creation tools and Unity
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with the Art & Engineering teams, and ensure that goals and best practices for both are represented
- Delivering cutting-edge casual mobile Games that:
- Convey God’s Truth through exceptional, creative story-telling and gameplay
- Are engaging, surprising, age-appropriate and fun to play
- Hit predetermined engagement metrics
- Meet a consistent and exacting quality bar
- Development, testing, feedback and iteration results in games which are beautiful, inspirational, appealing and successful
- Live player data, analytics and feedback are analyzed to continually refine and improve gameplay
- 3+ years experience as a technical artist for mobile games
- Ability to manage time and work effectively and efficiently to produce deliverables in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Proficiency in modeling tools such as 3DSMAX, Maya, Blender, ZBrush
- Familiarity with game tools and engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
- Up-to-date with the latest game trends, techniques and technologies
- Set an optimistic tone and promote communication and teamwork
- Lead by example
Our Core team and content have been used by God to:
- Reach Millions of people with our games across the world
- See over 25,000 people coming to Christ with His Hand
- Create new TruPlay game designs that have tested incredibly well
- Move to our team from XBox, Nintendo, PlayStation, Sony, Disney, Apple
- Contains contribution from 2 Apple Award winners and music from Enya and Hillsong
Our products stand on 4 Foundations:
- Truth – Our games are woven with God’s Story
- Fun – Our players should be delighted and excited
- Excellence – Our games resonate with high-quality features, tech, and storytelling
- Beauty – Our artwork and audio are spectacular