Atlanta Gold & Coin Buyers is adding a sales consultant position to our office staff. We are a high-end full-service rare coin and bullion dealer in Johns Creek specializing in buying, selling, and appraising coins and coin collections of all types and sizes. We operate out of an executive office (not a traditional storefront) on an appointment-only basis and have a knowledgeable and loyal customer base. We receive a high volume of phone calls and electronic communication throughout the day.
The primary responsibility of this position is to convert incoming phone calls, emails and contract forms into appointments by assessing whether they meet our appointment criteria. Appointments are scheduled throughout the day and effective management of the appointment calendar is required. This should be viewed as a production position, so previous customer service, sales and/or marketing experience is a plus. Cold calling will not be required nor is this a commission-based position.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Convert phone calls and emails into appointments
- Schedule and manage appointment calendar
- Effectively handle customer appointments
- Packing & shipping outgoing orders
- Creating and maintaining eBay auctions
- Entering invoice details into QuickBooks
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong face-to-face people and over the phone skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with customers
- Comfortable multi-tasking throughout the day in a higher paced environment
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of economics and/or the financial markets is a plus
- Previous coin/bullion or precious metals experience is a plus, but not required
- Previous eBay auction experience is a plus, but not required
We are looking for someone who is available to work 40 hours a week during regular business hours, Monday - Friday. The candidate should have a reliable laptop computer, which they will use in the office daily. A reliable cell phone and cell phone data plan are required. Attire is jeans casual to business casual.
Our office is in Johns Creek approximately 10 minutes north of the intersection of State Bridge Road and Medlock Bridge Road. Starting pay is $18 - $25 per hour, depending on experience with the possibility for growth opportunities in the future. Bonuses are paid at the company’s discretion and can also be earned based on level of production. This is a 1099 independent contractor position and will include up to a four-week trial period to determine if it is an appropriate fit.