Codeware is seeking a full-time Software Developer to join our Austin-based Software Development Team. The successful candidate will have a computer software or information systems background. They will be a part of Codeware’s team of professionals engaged in the development of our state-of-the art pressure vessel and heat exchanger design software, COMPRESS.
• Design, code, integrate, test, and maintain application and related documentation.
• Write algorithms for the mechanical design of pressure vessels.
• During the design phase, test code for functionality and optimize for performance to insure the code meets project standards.
• Assist with developing quality assurance pre-release testing plan.
• Assist in the creation of graphical 3-D modeling of pressure vessels (industrial process equipment).
• Assess adequacy of existing code. Review existing code for the project and recommend modifications for upgrading and improvement.
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
• 3-5 years software development experience.
• An understanding of object oriented design concepts.
• Strong experience in C/C++ and related technologies, Visual BASIC an asset.
• Programming experience (code design, writing, testing, debugging and documenting).
• Experience with .Net Framework (C#, VB.Net).
• Skilled at reading and comprehending established source code.
• Experience working with the following an asset:
o 3D Computer Aided Design APIs
o SVN (code repository)
o Redmine (project management)
o MS Visual Studio 2005
• Strong mathematical background an asset.
• Committed to professional advancement through continuous learning.
• Good communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
• Able to work independently as well as part of team.
• Mechanical aptitude an asset.