Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
• Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value “ Safety, first in everything we do.
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all Safety Policies and Procedures
• Must be on site at scheduled start time and present for the Daily Huddle
• Must be able to identify potential Hazards and assist in maintaining a Safe Work environment for all Team Members
• Be present for Weekly Toolbox Talks
• Maintain good health status and be able to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
• Maintain a flexible work schedule to include day/night shift work with extended hours when necessary
• Ensure proper set up, maintenance and removal of all traffic controls
Minimum of 3 years’ experience
• MOT Advanced, certified
• Knowledge of FDOT and MUTCD standards
• Able to follow verbal instructions
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with excellent verbal communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong commitment to success of all
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
• Show quality in everything you do
• Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.