Our culture is falling apart. We are reaping decades of taking God’s message out of our culture. Very few voices speak into the lives of children with a Godly message. Children spend countless hours on screens. There is hardly any faith-based content in the app stores. What messages are our children taking in?
Who will rise up to steward the next generation?
We believe that what people play matters. TruPlay produces mobile games that resonate with our 4 Foundations of Fun, Beauty, Excellence, and God’s Truth. With God’s Blessing, we will continue to reach Millions around the world and produce a tremendous amount of economic value for everyone involved.
We’re building an interactive Content Platform for children.
The Head of Engineering will work closely with the Engineering Team to lead our mobile-first gaming platform to integrate seamlessly with and deliver our developing games to millions of players. You will work with, manage and be in charge of the team responsible to build and deliver TruPlay’s SaaS gaming platform, including software engineers, designers, and UX specialists.
- A minimum of 10 years experience with success in building a business to consumer OR business to business to consumer product despite technical obstacles
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical product leadership role with demonstrated abilities in leadership to recruit and lead a small team of world-class people
- Scaled consumer technology product to over 1M people
- Proven success building consumer products with high degrees of engagement and retention and moderate organic/viral growth
- Successful Start-up experience and history
- Engineering Degree Preferred
Initially, the critical responsibilities will be:
- Recruit and manage a small world-class team that meet or exceed company expectations to build Gaming Platform
- Lead Gaming Platform team in conception, development through to delivery on time with high Excellence and Great Features
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Collaborate with teams of game developers to integrate and standardize games on Platform
For our Culture
- High Commitment to TruPlay’s Purpose
- Lives a life of integrity
- Treats others as they would want to be treated
For This Role
- High Desire to Drive Organization to Deliver to Goal Commitments
- Strong Detail orientation
- Ability to articulate roles, responsibilities, and goals
- Great judge of employee character and of ability to deliver
- Strong Inspirational Leadership and Vision
A gaming Platform up to our company standards and released in agreed-upon timeframe that is:
- Highly Scalable
- Supports the Product Vision and company mission
- Contains the right features to support company goals
- Is highly reliably
- Hire and manage a world-class team of missionally aligned people that delivers the expected results listed above
Our Core team and content have been used by God to:
- Reach Millions of people with our games across the world
- See over 25,000 people coming to Christ with His Hand
- Create new TruPlay game designs that have tested incredibly well
- Move to our team from XBox, Nintendo, PlayStation, Sony, Disney, Apple
- Contains contributions from 2 Apple Award winners and music from Enya and Hillsong
Our products stand on 4 Foundations:
- Truth – Our games are woven with God’s Story
- Fun – Our players should be delighted and excited
- Excellence – Our games resonate with high-quality features, tech, and storytelling
- Beauty – Our artwork and audio are spectacular
Location: Our office is headquartered in Austin, Texas implementing a Hybrid remote work policy.