We are the nation's leading provider of electrical transformers to the commercial and industrial market. We have primary locations in South Carolina, Washington State, Texas, and Idaho. We’ve been ranked by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Maddox was founded on Christian values and we are passionate about investing in the people, processes, and culture that have made this a great place to work.
Check out facility tours at: https://www.youtube.com/MaddoxTransformer
Learn more at: http://www.maddoxtransformer.com/
About Maddox + You:
As a technician, you would be working in a shop environment where your technical and mechanical skills will be developed to recondition dry-type and liquid-filled transformers.
This is not an assembly-line factory job. It’s a fast-paced, hard-working, but very rewarding environment where you will be part of a team qualified technicians who rebuild industrial transformers. Maddox is a great American company which values honesty, integrity, and recognizes the men and women who serve our customers, build up the team, and value the company and culture we've built.
Your day-to-day activities will involve the evaluation, disassembly, reconditioning, and reassembly of electrical transformers; removing/replacing accessories, cleaning and repairing parts, replacing gaskets and seals, and performing basic MIG welding and metal fabrication. You will also be trained in basic electrical testing, as well as inventory evaluation, paint and quality control procedures.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to build a career in a positive environment, with an employer who values and recognizes your strong character, stable lifestyle, and dedicated work ethic.
More about You:
- You love working with your hands to fix things and solve problems.
- You’re comfortable with online documentation and web-based software systems (with computer & smartphone)
- You’re a good communicator; in-person, over the phone, and via email.
- You’re a good learner; not a know-it-all.
- This position works 40-45 hours per week on 4-day a week schedule. All day-time schedule (not night shift). Schedule changes slightly during Summer/Winter, but is generally 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Some paid overtime is available during peak times.
- Employees are required to meet basic physical requirements for a heavy-equipment environment. Occasional exposure to confined spaces. Must know how to use basic hand tools, follow written instructions, etc.
- Paid time-off, paternity/maternity leave, 401k matching, health/wellness benefits, etc. Smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Experience & Education:
We value skills and experience (welding, fabrication, general shop/mechanical skills, autobody prep/paint), but we’re also willing to invest in the training early-career candidates with the right attitude and and ambition.
Pay: Starting package $65k-$78k including 5 hr/week overtime estimate, bonus and benefits; commensurate to experience. This position has a path to promotion to "Level 2 Tech", which earns up to a $93k package and can continue growing from there.
Pro Tip: We got a LOT of applicants, so please write a few sentences telling us what stood out to you, and why you think you’d thrive in this particular opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $78,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Why do you think you’d thrive at Maddox? (Please do not apply unless you can answer this question)
- How did you hear about this job opportunity?
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
## MENTION THAT YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS JOB THRU REDBALLOON! ##