Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. Work with the Underground Utilities Department focusing on Pipes. Perform tasks involving roads, highway, residential/commercial, and heavy construction projects. Operate a variety of hand and power tools. Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Cut, measure, and hook pipes
- Measure distances from grade stakes, drive stakes, and stretch tight line
- Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using pick and shovel
- Familiarity with Trench Safety and Job Site Safety
- Maintain and secure a clean job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Load/unload trucks and haul, hoist, handle, and store materials
- Mix Concrete
- 2 recent years’ experience working as a Hillman (ROAD CONSTRUCTION)
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 75 pounds.
Knowledge & Skills:
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.