Our client is seeking an experienced IT MSP Helpdesk Manager to manager their growing team of IT Technicians. This role hires, trains and manages the Technicians to service a wide variety of clients. The culture is very friendly and supportive, as indicated by a recent 3rd party Employee Survey. The role is remote, hybrid position in the Austin TX area. The candidate MUST reside in Texas.
- Manage the company helpdesk to ensure that all tickets are responded to and resolved in a timely manner according to company's standard operating procedures.
- Manage all technicians assigned to you by the company.
- Coordinate all onsite technician visits to client locations.
- Ensure that each technician is appropriately trained for their job responsibilities
- Develop and monitor a technical learning path for technicians to ensure constant learning growth.
- Monitor how the technicians are communicating with clients to ensure consistent professional quality meeting company standards.
- Ensure that the technicians have communicated with Clients as to the status of Helpdesk tickets and requesting from Clients any additional information needed from client.
- Monitor ticket volume and performance metrics while supporting the team in exceeding expectations, including corrective action if necessary.
- Establish and processes and procedures for efficient IT practices, including change management.
- Assist in communicating with clients on technical issues, where appropriate, to ensure client understands any issue at hand, possible options for resolution, and expectation of time to resolution.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to install, configure and maintain various computer system hardware and software.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems including Windows 8/10, Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft 365, Microsoft
- office applications such as Outlook, Excel and Word, logical networking technologies such as Microsoft's Active Directory and Windows
- Deployment Services.
- Demonstrate competent Windows Server and Linux Server administration skills.
- Experience with telephony/VoIP concepts and equipment.
- Ability to build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and abilities particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
We look forward to hearing from you! Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidate must be willing to sign a background check release and provide proof of IT certifications.