The QA Analyst/Engineer will design, create and review manual automated testing solutions for external and customer-facing applications. The ideal person has experience with testability, robustness, and performance of production software in addition to programming/development experience. The QA engineering team creates object-oriented automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process. Collaboration with Product Owners and delivery teams in a SAFe Agile environments will be highly desired and this person will be a part of passionate consulting team that enjoys delivering high-quality applications, enhancing the customer's experience, and improving operational efficiency by developing automated test suites.
- Assist in test estimation, test planning, test execution, defect management, and pre-production testing; plan and build automation assets in accordance with the Test Automation Strategy.
- Develop standards and best practices focusing on UAT / SIT automation.
- Collaborate with engineering team members in all aspects of the automation development process from requirements gathering through iterative develop-and-test cycles.
- Lead and mentor testing team leads and architects in leveraging framework components.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic guidance for multiple projects in the areas of quality and testing understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Work with technical teams, customers and upper management to produce project documents and understand customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Set up, maintain, and perform test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigate and assist with customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing defects, and creating and managing defect reports.
- Work with deployments team, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- 1-2+ years’ of experience with manual testing
- Experience in testing/automating at all layers: unit, component, DB, API, UI, etc.
- Strong understanding of the following: REST, Reporting standards and frameworks, Java, C#, Selenium, JIRA, Xray plugin for JIRA, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
- 1+ year with automation testing tools (Selenium, Cucumber, etc.) is preferred
- Experience in defining governance framework, review standards, and environment-based testing plan integrated with CI/CD is a plus but not mandatory
- Expertise in Agile SAFe methodologies, iterative methodologies and Behavior Driven Development techniques is highly preferred