Impactful, Permanently Remote Work at Anedot.
Are you a servant-hearted platform software architect with a passion for nonprofits (such as campaigns, colleges, churches, ministries, nonprofits, universities, and schools)? Do you want to join a team of talented engineers and use the latest technologies to build next-generation fundraising and fintech applications?
The Software Platform Architect will be a principal level developer focused on designing, developing and delivering backend systems for Anedot. This role will work closely with the Director of Engineering, Dev Unit Leaders, and the CEO to develop innovative web applications.
The successful candidate must be experienced in taking a monolithic application and breaking it down into microservices. In addition, the candidate must have experience making large and strategic architecture decisions and be equipped to help with challenges around scaling and throughput.
If you enjoy...
- programming for complex data platforms with transactional workflows and zero tolerance for errors
- using open-sourced packages
- shipping quality features
- being on a self-managing team, supported via DevOps team automation
- working in an environment that has few meetings and little bureaucracy
- (or have an interest in) serving campaigns, churches, ministries, nonprofits, and schools
and you live in Alabama, California, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin or Saskatchewan, Canada then keep reading..
Backend Engineers contribute to Anedot's Product by working on the Product team. Software Engineers are led by the Director of Engineering.
- Engineering (Software Engineering, Infrastructure)
- Finance (Accounting)
- Growth (Marketing)
- Customer Experience (Support & Success)
- Legal (Legal/Compliance, Accounts)
- People (Recruitment, Employee Experience)
- Product (Design, Product Management, QA)
What You'll Need to be Successful in this Role
- Track record of architecting successful Backend systems
- Minimum 5 years working in an agile team-oriented development environment with peer code reviews
- Strong familiarity with Ruby/Rails (and nice-to-have basic React experience)
- Experience at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related field a plus
What Success Looks Like in this Role
- Write well-designed, testable code, commit work to GitHub to ensure compatibility and stability
- Work in friendly agile team, collaborative, engineering environment with continuous delivery
- Review the work of other engineers providing feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Work with the team to upgrade, troubleshoot, and debug, existing systems
- Continuously increase knowledge and skills of codebase languages, frameworks, & tools
How We Measure Success in this Role
- Periodic informal feedback and review of work
- Ship quality features
- Code contribution and quality
- Communication, teamwork, documentation, and completeness of work
- Ruby (Rails)
- AWS Cloud platform
- Sidekiq Enterprise for workers/jobs/queues
- Testing tools/frameworks
- GitHub Actions
See our careers page for more information.
See our careers page for perks and benefits information.
Terms of employment at Anedot
- Full-time, exempt
- Permanently remote
- At-will employment
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the screening process. Our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback before the interview stage.