Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. Build your future and join our talented team. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
Provide daily supervision and scheduling for grading, drainage, paving, structures, and other miscellaneous highway construction crews and subcontractors
• Oversee field personnel, daily/weekly schedules and overall operations
• Planning and coordination of construction activities, including work with other company Superintendents and subcontractors
• Coordinate equipment, trucks, and crews to maximize efficiency
• Assist Engineers and Estimators as needed, and in the pursuit of new or additional work
• Attend project related meetings to discuss progress and public impact
• Manage on-site construction-related functions with regard to safety, budget and schedule
• Display leadership to meet the company values and objectives
• May assist with survey and field layout
• Promote and enforce the company’s safety program so that company safety objectives are achieved
• Competent in reading and understanding civil construction plans, drawings, and specifications
• Knowledge of project budgets and manage personnel and equipment efficiently
• Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, safety management, quality control and budgeting of all phases of civil construction
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills: assigning, directing and inspecting work, scheduling, rewarding or disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts on large and complex projects
• Experienced using project management and/or construction software
• Strong decision-making skills
• Good math skills; and familiar with DOT regulations and standards
• Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required
• A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and ten (10) years of experience in the field of major heavy/highway or bridge construction; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a similar field is preferred but not required
• Valid driver’s license
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.