Are you ready to grow personally and professionally in an uplifting work environment, while also helping your team
make things better?
Welcome to an uplifting, innovative, and freedom-loving “Made in the USA” product development company that is committed to maintaining a company culture where good employees can become great leaders, and good ideas can become great products.
We believe the ultimate success of our company and products relies on constant learning and improvement across all aspects of the company, especially within our team, as reflected in our Company Vision Statement: “We are in the business of developing our people, not just products, because we can't develop great products without great people!”
One of our Company Core Values of focus is to “nurture a positive and encouraging work environment”. To create this type of atmosphere in our world today, we know that our employees must be free to work without fear that they will find themselves on the wrong side of their employer’s politics. Therefore we work hard to retain not only a caring community where all types of people and convictions are supported, but we also work to provide a place where like-minded people who just want to work hard, keep growing, and make things better... can ultimately thrive!
If our company culture, work atmosphere, and core values appeal to you, and if like us you also desire to grow and “make things better”, please explore the open position found below.
Please read this entire job posting prior to applying.
GENERAL ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND ABILITIES OVERVIEW
ACCOUNTING & FINANCE CONTROL
- Oversee accounting systems & processes
- Oversee and prepare financial reports
- Review/oversee all month-end & year-end closing
- Cash flow planning and management
- Cash, investment, and asset management
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives
- Trusted advisor to owner(s)/management team
- Company advocate with external vendors
- Advise on company’s real estate affairs
- Branch budget management
- Maintain awareness & provide guidance to ensure company compliance
- Board meeting representation
- Executive management team representation
- Collaborate with other departments
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Advise on the company’s financial legal affairs
- Participate in corporate policy development
- Guide company financial decisions
- Assess organizational performance
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information
- Capital asset management
- Responsible for all day to day accounting and financial functions and reporting
- Manage finance department staff
- Lead weekly department and daily meetings
- Support recruiting process of new team members
- Oversee HR compliance postings; in-house standards and best practices
- Review annual employee benefit proposals/options provided by HR
- Review all HR proposed or revised written policies
- Review and approve HR career path plans and salary band proposals for all departments
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years as a Controller, Accounting Manager, or comparable position
- CPA certification (preferred)
- Prior experience/knowledge of the manufacturing industry (preferred)
- Solid understanding of accounting and GAAP knowledge
- Experienced in QuickBooks Desktop, Microsoft Office programs, and other relevant technical programs
- Experienced liaison with financial institutions for Company representation and in support of overall business growth
- Exceptional analytical, management, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to help/teach others and work within a team
- Familiarity exercising professional discretion and confidentiality
- Highly experienced at prioritizing tasks
- Strong computer and typing skills (min. 35 wpm)
- Must submit to pre-employment background check and drug screening
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Professional, positive, and uplifting atmosphere
- Business casual office attire
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment
- Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, and pushing/pulling drawers to retrieve and file information
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, bend, stoop, reach and lift within applicable OSHA guidelines
- Ability to work in a dynamic, pressured, and ever-changing environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and work continuously for hours at desk
- Ability to walk up and down a single flight of stairs several times a day
Medical, dental, orthodontics, vision, vacation pay, sick pay, and holiday pay, 401k retirement with matching, voluntary life insurance
$110,000 - $130,000 Annually DOE
If you are qualified for this position and would like to inquire about joining our team, please send an email with your resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sparrow Product Development, Inc. is a product development company that develops and brings to market product lines/brands within various industries. Currently, our primary efforts center on providing new and innovative products for the stone counter-top and shooting sports industries.
Brand #1 – Omni Cubed, Inc. was established in 2003 and provides installation tools and material handling equipment to the stone countertop industry. Please visit www.omnicubed.com to learn more about these products.
Brand #2 – Sparrow Dynamics, Inc. was established in 2017 and provides firearm accessories to the shooting sports industry. Please visit www.sparrowdynamics.com to learn more about these products.
Sparrow Product Development, Inc. is the “parent” company of these brands, resides in Northern California, and is the company hiring for this position.
Sparrow Product Development, Inc. (SPD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment with SPD is “at-will”; additionally, SPD conditions all offers of employment on the satisfactory completion of a drug screen, background check, the Form I-9 with supplemental documentation and/or credentials check (i.e. educational degrees, certificates, or coursework) if applicable. SPD participates in the E-Verify program. All new hires must be submitted through the E-Verify system as required by the program rules. SPD does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications.