Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum featuring language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning, all Centner Academy students and teachers have opportunities to do what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking an exceptional high school Principal to join its growing faculty for the 2022-2023 school year. Must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. The primary purpose of the high school Principal is to direct and manage instructional program and supervise personnel at campus level. Provide leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service. Oversee compliance with school policies and success of instructional programs.
- Ensuring that academic policies and curriculum are followed.
- Developing and tracking benchmarks for measuring institutional success.
- Helping teachers maximize their teaching potential.
- Collaborate with colleagues on curriculum development and on enhancing instructional practices and strategies.
- Establish effective communications and relationships with students and parents.
- Exhibit a growth mindset about teaching practices and work toward professional goals and development.
- Help to maintain school policies, regulations, and expectations.
- Develop and maintain professional, collaborative, and collegial relationships with faculty and staff, as well as with community partners to the benefit of students and classes.
- Represent the school at community or public events in the highest ethical manner.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the Centner administration.
- Be responsible at all times for the supervision of students in your care during classes and for students generally at all times when on campus or off campus.
Essential skills and experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in education administration or leadership.
- Minimum of five years of working experience as a school principal, preferably in a startup high school.
- At least five years’ experience in leadership and five years’ experience teaching.
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Expertise in Entrepreneurship is required.
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness.
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.