Title: Warehouse Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager, A-1 Freeman – Dallas
Purpose of Position:
To oversee and profitably manage the warehouse by allocating and organizing staff & equipment required to facilitate or complete required warehousing services.
- Check all shipments received into warehouse for completeness (missing items) and damage. Record on bill of lading and/or warehouse exception sheet and collect required signatures.
- Vault incoming storage shipments as they are unloaded and use bingo sheets to identify items going into each vault.
- Keep warehouse clean and organized. Make a place for everything and keep everything in its place.
- Verify all safety rules are strictly followed and make safety a high priority.
- Provide certified safety training for all forklift drivers. Provide safety training for all warehouse employees.
- Make labor adjustments as business dictates through reduction in force by reducing hours or through layoffs.
- Evaluate employee performance on a regular and ongoing basis. Provide training in deficit areas asking for required improvement.
- Manage revenue equipment inventory making sure all power equipment is well maintained and in working order (forklifts).
- Ensure yard security and protect all Freeman assets.
- Keep and maintain inventory of office moving equipment stored in shop.
- Recruit, hire, qualify, and train warehouse personnel.
- Manage labor costs in warehouse against warehouse handling revenue and 1st day SIT revenue.
- Keep warehouse and yard secure at all times. Access must be restricted to authorized personnel only.
- Keep inventory and control of all Freeman tools and equipment.
- Manage packing container inventory and account for all containers distributed to Freeman drivers via cost detail. Cost detail information must transferred to AP in OKC via excel spreadsheet.
- Keep vault inventory with all vault locations noted on vault cards and in Mover’s Suite by order number.
- Conduct regular audit review of billing on all storage shipments in warehouse. Audits must be conducted at least three times per year.
- Verify warehouse is orderly, clean, and meets all military requirements. Must also meet city of Dallas requirements. Keep warehouse apron clean and free of debris.