BUG-A-SALT, a growing start-up manufacturing a unique, patented insect eradication device seeks a full-time E-Commerce Sales & Logistics Associate for Amazon US and International & eBay US.
Summary: Do you enjoy buying things off Amazon? Working on your computer and/or software related projects? Envision yourself running your own business one day? We are looking for someone who enjoys learning new analytical skills, has an excellent work ethic, and is detail oriented. In addition, the person we hire for this role must love and have a head for numbers (mathletes please apply here!) and have excellent written skills (you will be tested). The Sales & Logistics Associate for Amazon & eBay is intended to be a “train to learn” position within the company. (The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with a business degree and fluency in Excel or someone who has a tenured track record in a related industry - looking to change careers and also fluent in Excel/loves numbers.)
This position will learn the ropes by training on Amazon sales and customer service for BUG-A-SALT across the United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy. In addition, the candidate must handle customer service on eBay, list products and/or create product listings/descriptions and adjust pricing and copy as needed. The person in this role will also need to update product listing data in a global database on a daily/weekly basis. Also, this role will be expected to assist in establishing sales in new Amazon territories including but not limited to Japan, Mexico, and Australia. The successful candidate for this role must possess critical thinking, strategic planning, ability to learn and the desire to grow as the company expands into new markets & products. The person in this role will also be working closely with the Vice President of Operations and will report to the Global Director of Amazon to ensure Amazon and eBay inventory management and shipping activities are running smoothly. This position will ensure that our team activities (shipping, stock, customer service, warehouse fulfillment, etc.) are performed accurately, to a high standard and in a timely manner whilst maximizing sales and profit.
Successful candidates must enjoy solving challenges amid a constantly changing landscape. In addition, candidates will be trained to use both the Amazon and eBay sales platforms as well as shifting policies and rules regarding: customer service, seller feedback, fulfillment, inventory management, product regulations, FBA fees, and sales or VAT tax policies. (While Amazon and eBay experience is not required for this position, it would be an extremely valuable skill set to have.)
Applicants must be willing to wear several hats, have a thick skin, have good sense of humor, and love big dogs (we have a 90-pound American bulldog in the office). Our company is modeled to reward employees who prove themselves to be hard working and dedicated. After the onboarding/training period, bonuses for this position are offered and will be based on performance and sales. After a trial period, permanent team members can qualify for health/dental insurance and other benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- After being trained, develop and maintain expert knowledge of all Amazon rules & policies across all territories. Notify management team when rules/regulations change (on a daily/weekly/monthly basis as needed).
- Assist in working with internal team and external vendors to maintain and establish new international tax nexus (as needed).
- Police Amazon sales channels for counterfeit items on a daily and weekly basis and report offending vendors to Amazon.
- Assist in responding to Amazon customer inquiries, ensuring timely follow up on questions and negative product reviews while maintaining satisfaction rate of 99% or better.
- Assist in working with operations team to ensure Amazon inventory is being fulfilled & removed in a timely manner.
- Manage and coordinate Amazon and eBay returns with our warehouse.
- Train and assist in Managing Amazon overseas shipments including completing necessary paperwork for domestic and international shipments, tax liabilities, and import fees.
- Assist in managing storage limits within Amazon and fees associated.
- After being trained, create product listings and list for sale on eBay and/or other sales platforms (as needed) & update global database accordingly.
- Track sellers offering BUG-A-SALT accessory items on eBay and bring them to the attention of senior management team.
- Monitor pricing from other sellers on eBay to ensure the BUG-A-SALT brand remains competitive.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers on eBay.
- Ensure eBay power seller status stays intact with a 99.9% customer satisfaction rating.
- In order to ward off drop-shippers, communicate with team in order to ensure inventory levels/sales are maximized on eBay.
- Update and share daily sales reporting for eBay. On a monthly basis, updates inventory projection grids.
- Maintain & follows process documents and makes necessary changes to keep up to date.
- Fully understand BUG-A-SALT products & services to educate and inform customers.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, conduct research and anticipate changes.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings.
- And any other tasks or projects as may be required by Employer.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Comfortable collaborating with others in a relaxed office environment where work (and teamwork!) come first.
- Comfortable caring for a polite & fair customer base with conservative/traditional values who over-index for Red States & rural areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.), EXCEL PROFICIENCY REQUIRED
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- In addition, can work significant overtime hours and weekends during our busy holiday season & Father’s Day.
Skills & Proficiencies: Organization, Decision-Making, Dependable, Deadline-Oriented, Planning and Organizing, Teamwork, Adaptability, Stress Tolerance, Reporting Skills, Data Processing Skills, Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills, Communication Skills.
- Insurance coverage includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- 401(k) retirement plan?plus profit sharing/pension plan with an annual employer contribution
- Additional opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Can be remote 1-2 days a week once training has been completed.