The SW Engineer will develop, support, troubleshoot, enhance, and maintain the evolution of both existing and new Java applications within the Digital areas. This person works closely with Business Systems Analysts, Project Managers and Directors to design and estimate work and is responsible for the development, testing, delivery and support of Integration, new Development and Application enhancement solutions. The ideal person for this role can participate in the technical assessment/design of the application, troubleshoot Production issues and perform and document root cause analysis.
- Develop new Java-backend applications (web and cloud-based) in addition to designing data models to support the Java development projects.
- Contribute to system architects on software and system/SW enhancements, designs, reviews, and optimizations while participating in various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including planning, technical requirements analysis, coding, and deployment.
- Assist in code repository management and pre-and post-production while supporting core application, workflows, front end, services layer and integration.
- Effectively work with clients and ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand end user needs to be translated into technical solutions while monitoring scheduled production related tasks in the system(s) and resolving any questions or issues as needed to ensure accurate and timely results.
- Interface with Scrum Masters, Product teams, Developers, QA Engineering actively on code review sessions offering updates and progress reports to upper management when necessary.
Education & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-4+ years of experience in Java development (Java, J2EE)
- Strong understanding of DevOps cloud computing platforms & services (AWS or Azure)
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, and scripting
- Experience creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS and well versed with the use of XML, JSON and REST services
Desired Requirements (not mandatory):
- Any Java Development Certifications (OCP, OCS, OCE, OCM, Java Development Certified Profession, Sun Certified Java Programmer, etc.) are a huge plus
- Previous experience with build/release or CI/CD environments using Docker or Kubernetes is a highly desired