You will join the Android team and engineer a delightful mobile experience for our free speech platform.
We are a small, but elite force serving the Parler mission, and take pride in our software craftsmanship.
Our codebase is pure kotlin and 100% Jetpack Compose. We leverage Android Architecture Components including ViewModel and navigation component (kotlin/compose DSL). Additional goodies include KTX, Hilt/Dagger, Retrofit, Flow/Suspend and Initializers.
The codebase is inspired by CLEAN architecture and leans towards reactive manifesto.
The ideal candidate with combine these soft skills:
· Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and smaller teams
· Initiative to make yourself visible, seek tech lead advice, and reach across team member functions for answers
· Proactive communication skills and ability to report daily progress
· Attention to detail especially design-need and building against UI specifications (experience building from Figma is a plus!)
With a majority of these technical skills and a willingness to learn:
· At least one year experience building native Android applications in kotlin
· Ability to program in declarative UI’s with reactive concepts (flow/suspend)
· SOLID principles, functional programming, and architecture concepts
· Ability to build front-end systems with mocked APIs or in-memory stubs
· Quick learning to pick up a truly modern Android application