Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently looking for a Clinical Manager for our Waco, Texas facility. LCDC or LMSW required.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Clinical Manager is responsible for clinical oversight of the day-to-day clinical operations, supervision of the counseling staff. Prepares the monthly CQI reports, conducts clients record reviews to ensure documentation meets Cenikor and accreditation standards, and maintains facility accreditation compliance. The Clinical Manager ensures inpatient substance abuse treatment and services are provided to clients via appropriate training and management of clinical staff. Clinical Manager also provides leadership and feedback to the clinical team on a consistent basis.
- Ensure compliance with state regulations including DSHS and accreditations (CARF) and that the clinical treatment program is effectively administered and meets contractual and regulatory requirements. Participate in the facility Quality Assurance program.
- Coordinate referrals from agencies/organizations including evaluating all referral material and consulting with medical staff to facilitate detox admissions as appropriate. Follow provisions of admission of priority populations as well as Cenikor policy and procedure.
- Assist Facility Director in upholding the core principles of Cenikor’s culture to help maintain a positive working environment for all team members.
- Supervise clinical staff and manage counselor caseloads to comply with licensure standards.
- Identify services and support needed to address client problems and needs as identified in the client assessment.
- Oversee and evaluate the recording of client progress in the clinical record and ensure documentation complies with documentation standards.
- Oversee group process to ensure regularly scheduled group sessions are provided.
- Manage staffing schedules to maximize use of funding streams and ensure economic viability, increasing and decreasing hours to meet the needs of the client population. Any increases outside of exempt/non-exempt classifications require HR approval.
- Conduct clinical justification for insurance and COPSD clients utilizing clinical skills and knowledge to diagnose substance abuse/dependence, educational placement, and mental health disorders in order to provide diagnosis within scope of license and make appropriate referrals, as needed.
- Provide individual counseling/therapy services to each client as indicated by the therapeutic schedule and treatment plan utilizing multiple therapeutic techniques to assist clients in reaching their goals.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive assessment within three (3) service days of admission. Update and document treatment plan in Welligent.
- Administer regularly scheduled treatment plan reviews every week administrative notes documenting continuity of care in Welligent.
- Ensure clients are transitioned as appropriate from detox level of care to residential level of care.
- Conduct peer to peer reviews for initial authorizations.
- Provide initial training and orientation as well as on-going leadership and support to all members of the clinical department to ensure that they have the tools necessary to carry out their job responsibilities.
- Ensure clinical staff completes all required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure clinical staff remains informed of policy and regulatory changes and update staff on changes as appropriate.
- Ensure weekly training and observation is conducted and documented with all applicable clinical staff.
- Participate as a team member in providing an optimum environment for client recovery.
- Intervene as necessary on issues relating to client complaints, concerns and operational issues.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable matters to the Program Director.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as assigned in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with conducting client assessments and identifying appropriate resources for client development.
- Experience in providing education and therapeutic counseling for individuals and for groups.
- Experience in supervision and training of clinical staff.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to successfully achieve goals.
- Understands and supports therapeutic community philosophy for potential client referrals.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experience working with various types of people.
- Possess good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Possess excellent counseling and documentation skills.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Three (3) years' experience in counseling and program administration relating to addiction required.
- Two (2) years previous supervisory required.
- LCDC required
- LMSW preferred
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER