Leaders - here is your next awesome opportunity!
Shift Manager position available at the Center, Colorado facility! Our Shift Managers lead their team in production, maintenance, and sanitation - empowering your team to produce high-quality, cost effective potato products with minimal waste. The Shift Manager supervises the personnel assigned to him or her, and will assist with payroll time-keeping, record keeping, employee relations, reward programs corrective actions, and working with the management team for safety training and practice, employee training and development return to work programs, and employee communications. The Shift Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire plant during off hours, and when the Plant Manager is not present.
Shift Manager responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of all production, maintenance, and sanitation activities and employees in immediate area of responsibility. Manages employee's time, delegates and assigns duties to ensure full and effective use of workforce.
- Follow up with shift maintenance personnel on their assigned list of responsibilities and/or direct them to prioritize projects in order to maximize the use of assets in a cost-conscious manner.
- Supervises and monitors the condition of the entire plant and activities of all employees working throughout the plant, regardless of department, during off hours or other times when plant or production management is not present.
- Trains and develops employees to ensure compliance to safety programs, policies and procedures established by the company and/or management.
- Ensures line settings established by management and product specification are maintained. Initiates and monitors blend-back ratio to ensure daily blend goals are met on a consistent basis, as well as other quality control issues.
- Consults and receives instruction from management concerning all production, line performance, maintenance, sanitation, quality control, and personnel matters.
- Communicates and works with other Shift Managers regarding product and production, sanitation and maintenance issues, and all other matters necessary for the safe, clean and efficient operation of people and equipment.
- Must be able to certify/train in and follow all procedures and guidelines for safe operation within the production area (LO/TO, PPEs, First Aide, etc.).
- Monitor Quality Assurance reports and procedures, supervises all compliance issues, and line-setting adjustments.
- Complete all necessary production reports, inventory reports, and all other record keeping required for this position.
- Document employee issues, complaints, work-related injuries or illnesses, reasons for merit and/or rewards, counsel and recognize employees as appropriate.
- Inspect and monitor materials, product, equipment and production processes. Keep areas of responsibility clean and well maintained.
- Works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers, and other departments while maintaining a professional attitude. Able to communicate in a professional and respectful manner at all times, refraining from demeaning or disrespectful communication.
- Food Safety and Product Quality: Ensure all employees who report directly to the Shift Manager are trained in and knowledgeable of all Company food safety and product quality policies, programs and procedures. This includes the supervision of employee activities and all necessary and related documentation and record keeping/paperwork. As part of this responsibility, the Shift Manager must be fully trained in the Company's food safety and product quality policies, programs, and procedures including but not limited to HACCP, GMP, Allergen Control, and Sanitation programs.
- All other duties as necessary and assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of weights, units of measure, basic math principles, production processes, quality control, and additional techniques to maximize the efficiency of production while ensuring product and personnel safety.
- Knowledge of GMP and food safety requirements, programs, polices and procedures helpful - we will train!
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements; must disseminate safety concepts and practices, and ensure all personnel work in a safe manner to encourage an environment where safety is a priority.
- Ability to delegate and assign duties among employees; identify and complete additional areas of training as needed.
- Must be able to read, understand and adjust when necessary gauges, meters, and computerized controls.
- Ability to keep accurate, complete, and legible records in English.
- Familiarity with sanitation techniques and the appropriate use of cleaning materials.
- Knowledge of food production equipment and machines preferred.
- Ability to use active listening, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of applicant screening, candidate interviewing requirements, and proper hiring practices. Prior supervision experience preferred.
- Must be self motivated / self starter. Understand the need to set achievable and realistic goals, and follow through by establishing consistent accountability in an effort to achieve goals.
- Attention to detail; willingness to address problems and aggressively work towards discovering the root cause and finding solutions.
- Must be able to stand, bend, or move repetitively for up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift on a regular basis up to 50 lbs without assistance, and 100 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to tolerate working with or around dust or chemicals.
- Work and maneuver safely around moving parts and machinery.
- Bending, stretching, lifting, reaching, climbing, crawling, crouching and fingering required.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours as needed.
The Shift Manager will directly supervise employees within his or her area of responsibility. Will be required to identify vacant positions, review applications, interview and offer employment to the most qualified candidates. Work with all new hires for training and safety; identify developmental needs, training needs, issue discipline and corrective actions as appropriate. The Shift Manager will have authority to authorize overtime, merit pay and recognition programs, and will work with management for staffing needs.
Idaho Pacific Colorado Corporation is located in the beautiful San Luis Valley, near the Great Sand Dunes NP, scenic railroad routes, and outdoor recreational opportunities!
We work 8-hour schedules - 11 days on, 3 days off. Schedules rotate from days to swings to nights. The Shift Manager opportunity is full-time, year round. We offer a competitive starting pay of $38,000 to $45,000 (DOE), benefits that include health insurance, health savings account, 401(k) retirement savings, paid vacation, and more! If you can manage people - APPLY TODAY!
Idaho Pacific Colorado Corporation is proud to be an EO/M/F/Disabled/V Employer, Drug-free workplace, and E-Verify participant!