Department of Corrections Credit Union - Main Office - Baton Rouge is seeking a full time Executive Assistant.
Applicant must demonstrate ability to work Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Competitive Salary and Full Benefits Package including Employer paid Insurance.
The Executive Assistant (EA) reports directly to the CEO. The EA’s primary responsibility is to provide high-level support to the CEO and primary goal is to increase the CEO’s capacity to lead the organization strategically. The EA will act as a strategic partner to the CEO to ensure company projects and initiatives are executed under the direction of the CEO. This position is responsible for efficiently and effectively carrying out the operational and administrative duties associated with the office of the CEO, Board of Directors, and Board Committees. The EA also interfaces with the CFO and Leadership Team, other executives, visitors, and vendors. The EA oversees the Administrative Support employee to ensure efficient operation. This position requires discretion, confidentiality, professional presence, and a relationship-centered focus.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Coordinating Board of Directors communications via e-mail, phone, and fax as appropriate, send notifications of meeting schedules, utilize MyBoardPacket to distribute correspondence and packets.
- Sending reminders to Board and Committee Members in advance of meetings and confirming quorums for each meeting.
- Maintaining and distributing hard copy and electronic files for Board Meeting packets.
- Managing and updating the Board of Directors calendar.
- Organizing, scheduling, coordinating, and attending all Board of Directors meetings and Board Committee meetings including logistics, venue, catering, materials, ensuring appropriate equipment, etc.
- Recording attendance, taking detailed notes, and producing minutes for meetings.
- Ensuring appropriate signatures are obtained on resolutions and other Board business in a timely manner.
- Participating in Board activities in a highly professional and confidential manner.
- Performing similar responsibilities as above in preparing and coordinating monthly Leadership meetings.
- Organizing and coordinating for Audits/Internal Control Reviews and scheduling, coordinating, and participating in regularly scheduled Supervisory Committee meetings.
- Maintaining updates to the policy manual as provided by Leadership.
- Demonstrate professional presence and ability to effectively engage and work across diverse groups of Employees, Leaders, Board of Directors, Committee Members, and Members.
- Oversees the ordering of communal print/kitchen/restroom/cleaning supplies.
Overview of Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter, multi-tasker, and the ability to take initiative and meet priorities in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Positive presence, strong interest in dealing with people, working as part of a team, and exhibiting flexibility.
- Highly Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality using tact and good judgment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Report to office location daily.