Hello and thank you for looking at our posting. You may have found your new home. You may be asking, “What’s in it for me?” To that I would answer, Southwest Truck Driver Training Inc. is a strong, family owned business with three locations (Tucson, Phoenix, Las Vegas) currently run by the second generation. We have been in business for over 20 years.
Southwest Truck Driver Training is currently seeking a highly motivated CDL Instructor. This position requires responsibility, confidentiality and dress code adherence. It also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work harmoniously with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients. This is a fun, energetic, goal-orientated environment where business is thriving!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing and delivering instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities
- Preparing the classroom and range for class activities
- Instructing and monitoring students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Using relevant technology to support instruction
- Observing and evaluating student performance and development
- Providing appropriate feedback on work
- Encouraging and monitoring the progress of individual students
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of student progress and development
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, policies and school regulations
- Preparing required reports on students and activities
- Managing student behavior in the classroom and on the range by enforcing rules and procedures
- Maintaining a daily attendance sheet
- Performing certain pastoral duties including but not limited to student support, counseling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement
- Communicating necessary information regularly to students and members of management staff regarding student progress and student needs
- Maintaining developments in subject area
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Veteran a plus. Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus. Valid Class A CDL and a minimum of 3 years’ experience driving a combination vehicle required.
Job Type: Full-time
For more information about Southwest Truck Driver Training, visit our website at SWTDT.COM