Manages the outgoing payments and cash flow to ensure timely payment of the company’s expenses and liabilities. Performs procedures and uses systems to ensure maximum efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting information and processing of financial obligations and safeguarding of corporate assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Organizing and maintaining creditor and vendor files and corresponding with vendors. Maintains tax information (W-9), remittance information and other miscellaneous data. Prepares annual 1099 filing from vendor data and files.
- Enters invoices and ensures proper account/coding and adherence to policy for authorization. Matches invoices to receiving reports, monthly vendor statements and resolves any problems or discrepancies.
- Maintains good relations with vendors and internal contacts by responding immediately to adverse situations and resolving disputes in payment in a timely manner.
- Identifies discount opportunities and ensures payments are made in a timely manner to maintain current status. Applies credits or requests refunds as needed.
- Maintains copies of invoices subject to state use tax, personal property taxes and acquisition of fixed assets.
- Prepares and makes bank deposits, including use of desktop scanner. Balances division cash tills in performing these tasks. Reconciles cash and credit card clearing accounts weekly and monthly.
- Responsible for accounts payable for multiple divisions and companies. Responsible for ensuring all activity is posted correctly and timely.
- Process credit card payments for multiple locations.
- Assists in answering phones, paging and taking messages as needed.
- Work with sales staff to ensure timely payment and posting of online payables and payments.
- Prepares monthly invoices and statements for related entity.
- Prepares regular accounts payable reports and communicates cash needs to management.
- Maintain accurate records and provides documentation as needed for insurance, bank or other third parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies should be demonstrated.
$19.00 – $25.00
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time, as established; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Culture - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values; follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; asks for and offers help when needed.
Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service for Internal and External Customers - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service ; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; maintains confidentiality per policy and regulations; fluent in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook and job related software and computers; uses resources effectively; pursues training and development opportunities; adapts to new technologies; keeps technical skills up to date.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans. Must be able to work under pressure and complete deadlines.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Ability to analyze financial reports to idenetify any eiscrepancies and errors is needed.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of two-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.