Fuel Truck Driver
Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. This individual will be responsible for observing and documenting reports of the transportation trucks, ensuring that the fuel tanks are filled with oil and fuel, the tires are filled with air and hands over the checks to the governing system services. The Fuel Truck Driver will aid the administrative unit's industrial complex members with the supplies of fuel and oil, organizes transportation bills and makes sure that the seniors have signed the same. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Overseeing the safety aspects of his working environment and making sure that they are upheld and renewed accordingly, as and when needed
- Evaluating the dangers of the location and judging the different methods and plans and understanding the application of first-aid, as and when the situations demand
- Observing the project undertakings and making sure that they agree with the rules and policies of fuel truck exercises and organizing project programs and strategies
- Overseeing his interactions with his co-drivers and deciding hard-hitting beginnings for all the drivers if possible
- Supplying fuel oil to the customers from huge and small tanker trucks
- Agreeing to the protection rules and policies in transporting, handling and supplying procedures and methods of fuel oil
- Keeping the written accounts of the work done every day and offering revenue bills to the customers
- Planning the places where he could stop and refill his truck tank with fuel before starting his journey as per the rules and regulations of his company
- Chasing the costs for the aim of revenue enhancements and making sure that proper compensation takes place for company disbursals
- Negotiating time in order to prevent job losses and save the same
- Executing his documented project job responsibilities, roles and duties every time the load is drawn and dropped
- Travelling and acclimatizing to all types of seasons, whether night or day
- Driving carefully on hills and bad weather circumstances and managing his truck safely out of crowded places as well
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 recent years’ experience working as a Fuel Truck Driver
- Commercial Driver's License w/Endorsements as required
- Current Medical Certification
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Analyzing geographical maps and avoiding the routes that are dangerous, full of obstacles and repairs or avoiding uneven
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.