Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. This individual will be responsible to apply liquid asphalt per plan and quality standards before an area is paved. Must have a CDL class B license. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
Asphalt Tack Truck/Distributor Operator to apply liquid asphalt per plan and quality standards before an area is paved. Must have a CDL class B with Tanker endorsement.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently while adhering to all company and safety policy and procedure requirements.
- Drives and operates distributor truck equipped with tank to spray emulsions on road surfaces.
- Regulate burner to heat liquid and start auxiliary pump.
- Snap on spray bars to attain required width of spray.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of material at specific rates and adjust levers in order to adjust the height from the road surface.
- Must monitor flow, tachometer and temperature gauges to ensure uniform distribution.
- Responsible for performing daily safety checks and maintaining equipment is in proper and safe working order while reporting any repair needs to the supervisor.
- Must understand and be able to execute the different emulsions.
- Work long, flexible hours as demanded by our customers including nights, weekends, and work outside for extended periods during all seasons of the year.
- Perform additional duties as required or directed by their immediate supervisor or other manager.
- 2 recent years’ experience working as an Asphalt Tack Truck/Distributor Operator
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) at a rating of “A” or “B” and a Tanker endorsement with a driving record that meets Company standards.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- OSHA safety and environmental regulation compliance.
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.