Bachelor's Degree in Education or History. 24 hours of education courses preferred.
1-3 years teaching experience preferred.
1. Be a born-again Christian committed to living a biblical lifestyle and called by
God to teach at Grace Christian Academy.
2. Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. A master’s degree in
History is preferred.
3. History teaching experience (1-3 years preferred, but not required).
4. Be deeply committed to a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
5. Show in his/her life the joy of the Christian life.
6. Follow the Matthew 18 Principle in dealing with student-athletes, coaches,
faculty, parents and administration.
7. Demonstrate a strong passion to uphold the Vision, Mission, Educational
Objectives, Statement of Faith, Doctrine, and Core Values of Grace Christian
8. Possess the ability to work gracefully with parents, students, and other
school staff to develop a unified and successful educational program.
9. Demonstrate the ability to accept and carry out responsibilities and make
competent, professional decisions.
10. Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness,
modesty, good taste, and in agreement with school policy.
11. Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted authority. Shall notify the
administration of any policy he/she is unable to support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches scheduled 7th and 8th grade History classes through a biblical worldview, using Bob Jones University curriculum as a framework.
- 7th grade World History, 8th grade American History
- Prepares and plans a positive learning environment that supports learning.
- Plans effective lesson plans.
- Uses effective instructional strategies that include the use of technology.
- Maintains a proper classroom management plan.
- Models a Christ-like attitude and behavior.
- Meets the daily expectations and objectives set forth by the Principal. These include:
- Using grade level standards when writing lesson plans.
- Maintaining accurate student records.
- Being consistent with classroom management.
- Encouraging students to engage in classroom discussions.
- Monitoring student learning with appropriate feedback.
- Attends monthly faculty meetings and other meetings called by the Principal.
- Performs other duties required by the Principal.
- Completes any educational/biblical CEU’s that are required by administration.
- Takes advantages of ongoing opportunities for professional development.