Do you have a desire to help others, improve your community, and serve the Native American population? If so, Cenikor Foundation may be right for you! We are currently looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse for our Four Winds Recovery Center located in Farmington, NM.
The LPN is responsible for working closely with nursing, program and clinical staff to provide health services and professional nursing care for all clients.
SCHEDULE: 2 Shifts available
- Saturday - Sunday 7:00an-7:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday 7:00pm - 7:00 am
- Provide health services and professional nursing care for clients, including routine treatment per procedure or as prescribed. Coordinate client care with nurse manager and/or physician supervision.
- Maintain processes with insurance department to ensure quality length of stay and maximize revenue.
- Receive, update and pass on shift report per standards and timeframes as required.
- Assist with obtaining medical history information from clients and family members at time of admission.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
- Act as charge nurse in absence of RN or RN Manager, including handling client and facility issues and communicating with appropriate management/physician as necessary.
- Provide information to clients regarding medication, nutrition, STD’s and hygiene in an individual or group setting.
- Oversee routine laboratory work, such as urinalysis, blood draw as required and maintain accurate records of specimens.
- Observe clients, record significant conditions and reactions, and notifies physician, nursing supervisor, and facility director of issues as appropriate. Monitor vital signs upon admission, during treatment and upon discharge.
- Document and upload medications, physician’s orders, treatment plans, and nursing assessments, and progress notes to Welligent/EHR system.
- Document alternative group notes in Welligent/EHR system.
- Maintain patient records by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information utilizing appropriate computer software for reporting and appropriate billing and authorization purposes.
- Develop medical components of treatment plan and completes nursing assessments. Track
infections, STD’s and positive VDRL, HIV, verifying or referring for treatment. Administer specified medication, and notes time and amount on patients’ charts. Attend staff meetings on clients’ progress.
- Administer CPR in emergency situations.
- Answer phones in nurse station as needed, taking messages and transferring calls as necessary.
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality. Maintain strict confidentiality on all Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Responsible for knowing 3rd party payor process related to verification, authorization and reauthorization as well as client responsibility and collections. Work with insurance billing department to actively manager 3rd party payor clients to ensure quality care and fiscal responsibility.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and help create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Ensure completion of Big 5 performance report by the required deadline and use of SMART goals to support annual performance compensation review.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Experienced in providing medical care to a diverse population.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program required
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience required
- Experience providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment preferred
- Experience with Welligent or other electronic health record system preferred
- Licensure Required:
- Current LPN licensure required
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid required
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER