Southern Consulting is a civil engineering and surveying firm located in Dickson, TN. Southern Consulting provides civil engineering, surveying and construction materials testing services in middle Tennessee, southern Kentucky, and Ft. Campbell, KY. The firm is currently growing in all service areas.
The Civil Designer provides the following design services; site grading, storm water management, zoning review and understanding, erosion & sediment control, written and oral communication with clients.
- Review, interpret and implement ordinance requirements
- Perform site grading, erosion control design, storm water management design, site layout, etc.
- Compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and reports
- Communicate technical information to those with and without technical understanding
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects
- A.A.S. Degree preferable
- 2+ years of Land Development experience
Skills & Abilities
- Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Possesses knowledge of the land development permitting process
- Ability to interpret ordinance requirements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD and hydraulics/hydrology software
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour