Who We're Looking For:
We are currently looking for a Tower Technician II to join our growing team. The Tower Technician II is expected to complete scopes of work assigned while ensuring safety, quality, timeliness, and financial expectations are met for commercial deployment of services. Work items include grounding, installation of antennas, all types of antenna mounts, microwaves, coax lines, TMA’s, RF jumpers, remote electrical down-tilts/Bias-T’s, remote radio heads, fiber/DC Hybrid cables, sweep and PIM testing, site audits, and maintenance type items. They will adhere to OSHA, NATE, customer, and Wireless Industry standards and quality.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure work is performed and completed in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations, including assistance with permits as well as inspections,
- Climb tower sites daily to conduct repair and install equipment; may climb multiple towers daily
- Technical support when necessary
- Punch list generation and resolution during normal project schedule and in advance of any customer inspections
- Operation and adjustment of commonly used tools in the wireless industry efficiently
- Frequent performance of duties in outside weather conditions w/ occasional exposure to inclement weather conditions
- Work at extreme heights and on rooftops.
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- Experience with and the ability to climb towers 100+ feet tall, with a 50 lb. load
- Able to crouch, kneel, bend and twist throughout the workday
- Able to reach, grasp, and climb with both hands.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time
- Computer literate 100% travel required.
- Must be able to travel outside of the local market and any state across the U.S., possibly for weeks at a time.
- Must be able to work shift work including required maintenance windows and weekends
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable if required to drive and the ability to drive long distances on and off-road and to tow trailers
- Must be 21 years of age or older if required to drive
- Must be able to become DOT certified if designated as an eligible driver for the Company
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, instruction manuals, blueprints, and specifications
- Local to the market
- Periodic air travel will be required
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English 3+ years of experience climbing and working on Towers Experience with GSM, UMTS, Carrier Adds, and LTE DAS experience is a plus
- Experience with installation, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems as they relate to equipment installation and failure
- Experience testing and working with Fiber OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (will provide training) Comtrain or Fall Rescue certification preferred (will provide training)
Salary: Competitive based on Skills, Knowledge, and Experience