Summary of Position:
The position of behavior technician entails completion of scheduled sessions with clients, data collection and administration duties, in an effort to support the client and family.
· Arrive in a timely manner to scheduled sessions
· Conduct scheduled sessions in home and in clinic with assigned clients
· Provide caregiver support during scheduled sessions
· Follow programming as set forth by the assessment
· Provide programming feedback to caregiver
· Attend monthly team meetings with caregivers
· Collect data in a timely manner (e.g. during and throughout session, not at conclusion of session)
· Review notes provided by other team members at the beginning of each session
· Complete SOAP notes at the conclusion of each session
· Collect signatures on timesheet and SOAP notes at the conclusion of each session
· Provide supervisor with a monthly schedule by the 1st of each month.
· Report to supervisor any cancellations within two (2) hours of cancellations
· Report all incidents to supervisor within two (2) hours of incident.
· Applies all feedback given during supervised sessions.
· Ensure a professional relationship with clients and families at all times
· Provide translation during sessions, supervision and assessments as needed
Behavior Technician Skills and Qualifications
· Must be computer literate (e.g. have cursory knowledge of Microsoft or Apple word documents)
· Be able to write clearly
· Must be able to manage time independently
· Must be able to lift 20 pounds
· Bachelors or Masters’ degree encouraged
· Registered behavior technician encouraged