Fully remote position, but only in certain states. States we employ in: AL, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MO, NC, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI, WV. In order for your candidacy to be considered, you must have established residency in one of these states or being willing to relocate.
Who We Are
At Christian Care Ministry we believe that Christians can, and should, share in one another’s burdens. Through the use of Medi-Share®, a healthcare sharing ministry for Christians, we cultivate that belief.
Everyone at Christian Care Ministry agrees to our Statement of Faith which outlines our core beliefs. Although we aren’t perfect people, we are serving our perfect God to the best of our ability.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will design, develop, and maintain software applications and back-office systems. The position will be writing the code that powers our ministry.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop Apex & Visualforce applications for CCM's websites/portals, internal business processes, back-office systems, and mobile applications
- Design, develop, test, and maintain custom applications on the Salesforce / force.com platform using agile development methods
- Build software that allows our employees to delight our members
- Explore and recommend new technology platforms and capabilities
- Participate in agile development teams, constantly improving quality
- Cross-train with senior development staff in the maintenance of applications, databases, and stored procedures
- Manages integration initiatives and implementation of third party plug-ins
- Participate in code reviews
- Unit and system test new software
- All other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of SDLC and Salesforce coding standards
- Knowledge of Jira, Bitbucket, Salesforce DX
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to listen attentively and actively and encourage ideas and opinions
- Objectively gathers information, combines analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment and can make decisions based on incomplete information
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies and understands impacts of situational group dynamics
Core Competencies/Demonstrable Behaviors
- Collaborates – builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet objectives. This role requires a high level of internal customer interaction to meet objectives
- Manages Conflict – handles conflict situations effectively.
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates openly and comfortably with a diverse group of people. Must be able to communicate effectively and build engagement across all audiences
- Drives Results – consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances and tight deadlines.
- Situational Adaptability – adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree with 3-5 years’ in a software development role with Salesforce experience or combination of education and experience required.
Incentives & Benefits
We work hard to serve our members, but know we can only do that if we invest in our employees professionally, financially, physically, socially, and spiritually. We purposefully invest in our employees so that our employees can invest in others.
Employees are eligible to receive annual incentive pay based on individual and organizational performance.
Some of our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and paid volunteer days
- Health Savings Account
- Dental/Vision plans
- Life & Disability plans
- Accident, Critical Illness, & Hospital plans
- Professional development
- Weekly chapel service and prayer times
- Onsite & Virtual fitness classes
- Employee Wellness Rewards & Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs