Designs, develops, and tests electronic systems, components, or circuits for use within products. Utilizes computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Embedded electronics programming, debugging, and testing.
- Identify and recommend improvements to the design of electronic systems.
- Troubleshooting firmware and hardware for lighting systems and LCD controllers.
- Innovate and apply research and technical experience to develop and document electronics systems.
- Design circuit schematics and layout printed circuit boards.
Qualification and Skills Desired
- Education: Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited 4 year university.
- Experience: 3-5 years preferred.
- C programming experience required.
- Microcontroller integrated design environment experience.
- Analogue circuit design and simulation.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium Designer preferred).
- Experience with common digital communication interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, USB).
- Experience with regulatory compliance (FCC, UL, CE).
- Lab skills such as soldering, crimping, using an oscilloscope and digital multimeter.
- Clear and concise technical communication skills.
- Open and willing to learn and complete necessary training.
Additional Skills and Experience Preferred
- LED driving and Power electronics design.
- LCD interface (LVDS, eDP, MIPI-DSI) experience.
- Audio design (I2S, Microphone DSP, USB DAC, Amplifier design).
- Capacitive touch design and programming experience.
- Use and understanding of git version control.
- Python programming experience.
- Business Acumen
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Organizational Skills
- Project Management
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Office 100% Production/Warehouse floor 0%
- Ability to lift, pull or push up to 50 lbs.; anything over 50 lbs. is to be assisted.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time.
- M-F 8am – 5pm
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited engineering program
- 1-3 years relevant experience
Electric Mirrors Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safety. If you are in a Leadership role at EM, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe working environment for your employees.
Alongside the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your teams and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of safety throughout the organization
- Implementing structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative, and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
- You will intervene when unsafe acts of situation are observed in any department at EM
- You are responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.