Convention of States Action is a 501(c)(4) grassroots nonprofit organization committed to taking action to restore self-governance in America. The Convention of States Project mission is to build a grassroots army of self-governing activists. (www.conventionofstates.com)
COS Action is looking for a full-time, non-exempt, Information Technology Specialist to join our team. This position will report to our Technology Services Manager and provide technical support to COS staff and grassroots leaders on systems, services, and networks. This position is suitable for an entry-level, or more experienced, candidate with Information Technology training and a genuine interest in working in IT as a career. Specialist training in any area of Information Technology will also be considered.
- Provide IT support services to COS Staff and grassroots leaders for systems, services, and networks
- Work with the Technology Services Manager on the implementation, configuration, updating, and maintenance of IT and web systems and components.
- Provide individual service, knowledge and advice regarding technology products, services, upgrades, and security policy compliance
- Administer training, create and maintain helpful guides, documentation
- Respond to questions and problems reported by staff; report unusually difficult problems promptly, including referral to the Helpdesk, as appropriate
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and networking problems, and provide maintenance and “cleaning” as appropriate
- Actively participate in department meetings to work towards overall objectives, and ongoing projects
- Maintain inventory and allocation of all computer hardware and software using an internal custom inventory management system
- Install, uninstall, and relocate computer equipment and peripherals, as assigned
- Perform other tasks, as directed