The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for creating more effective ways to improve manufacturing capabilities and capacity.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist manufacturing in increasing FTE by reducing touch time, integrating automation, implementing quality at the source, and developing standard operating procedures
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in the process.
- Utilize metal fabrication, welding, and other expertise to implement mistake proofing control methods to increase quality, productivity and reduce costs of manufacturing
- Work closely with design engineering to ensure new products are designed for manufacturability
- Create SOPs for all critical equipment along with manufacturing processes
- Implement safety opportunities on machinery and equipment.
- Support equipment acquisition, installation, and maintenance by coordinating with internal maintenance and external vendors
- Participate in GEMBA walks and kaizen events
- Identify waste in production cells that can be improved upon to meet required TAKT time.
- All other duties assigned by management
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats
- Experience implementing lean work cells in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to optimize fabrication equipment, tool design experience
- Experience with turret punch presses, press brakes, tube bender, laser cutting, and welding automation a plus.
- Must have superb problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategic projects
- Must have high aptitude for mechanics
- Ability to work closely with department supervision and production workers
- BS in Engineering (industrial or mechanical preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Lean Trained – certification a plus
- Metal working industry experience
- Experience in SolidWorks and with CAM software such as Master CAM, AP100US, FabriWin, BendPro, ProNest, Steel Solutions
- MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, etc...) proficiency required
- Must possess current and valid driving record with clear history for the past three years