The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strick deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Along with the responsibilities listed, the ideal candidate for this role requires the ability to handle multiple small to mid-sized projects in a fast-paced environment. This candidate will also have experience in electrical installations.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goal, and deliverables that support the installation
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Manage and be responsible for project teams work including the foremen. This includes productivity of field forces and enforement of work rules, including discipline and termination of staff
- Responsible for all aspects of field labor, including the following:
- Ensure all field administrative duties are being performed correctly by foreman, i.e: time sheets, packing lists turned in, daily logs, safety meeting.
- Ensure job site is always safe
- Ensure tools and equipment are used efficiently and taken care of on-the-job site.
- Manage all subcontractors
- Ensure the best installation practices are being followed
- Responsible to maintain and over billed position, process receivables and retainages on a timely basis. Also review and approve invoices on a timely fashion
- Responsible for major vendor equipment purchasing and subcontractor negotiations as well as all material expediting
- Draft and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Price negotiate and process change orders to our contract. Maintain change order log
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management