We’re a fast-growing, electrical equipment company with primary locations in South Carolina, Washington State, and Texas. We’ve been ranked by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Maddox was founded on Christian values and we are passionate about investing in the people, processes, and culture that have made this a great place to work.
Check out facility tours at: https://www.youtube.com/MaddoxTransformer
Learn more at: http://www.maddoxtransformer.com/
About Maddox + You:
As a technician, you would be working in a shop environment where your technical and mechanical skills will be developed to recondition dry-type and liquid-filled transformers.
This is not a massive assembly-line factory job. It’s a fast-paced, hard-working, but very rewarding environment where you will be part of a team of 10-12 qualified technicians to rebuild industrial transformers. Maddox is a great American company which values honesty, integrity, and recognizes the men and women who serve our customers, build up the team, and value the company and culture we’re working to build.
Your day-to-day activities will involve the evaluation, disassembly, reconditioning, and reassembly of electrical transformers; removing/replacing accessories, cleaning and repairing parts, replacing gaskets and seals, and performing basic MIG welding and metal fabrication. You will also be trained in basic electrical testing, as well as inventory evaluation, paint and quality control procedures.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to build a career in a positive environment, with an employer who values and recognizes your strong character, stable lifestyle, and dedicated work ethic.
More about You:
- You love working with your hands to fix things and solve problems.
- You’re comfortable with online documentation and web-based software systems (with computer & smartphone)
- You’re a good communicator; in-person, over the phone, and via email.
- You’re a good learner; not a know-it-all.
- Schedule is generally 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM with some (paid) overtime during peak times (45-50 hours per week).
- Employees are required to meet basic physical requirements for working in a heavy-equipment environment with occasional exposure to confined spaces. Must know how to use basic hand tools, follow written instructions, etc.
- Paid time-off, paternity/maternity leave, 401k matching, health/wellness benefits, etc. Smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Experience & Education:
We value skills and experience (welding, fabrication, general shop/mechanical skills, autobody prep/paint), but we’re also very good at training new recruits, and are willing to invest in the training a select number of promising early-career candidates with the right combination of drive and ambition.
Pay: Starting $65k-$75k including 5 hr/week overtime estimate, bonus and benefits; commensurate to experience. Room to grow through our skills/experience program.
Pro Tip: We got a LOT of applicants, so if you want to stand out, write a few sentences telling us what stood out to you, and why you think you’d thrive in this particular opportunity.
## MENTION THAT YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS JOB THRU REDBALLOON! ##