Purpose and Scope: The Manager Level Accountant is a full-time position with YNBP. This position will generally require between 40 and 45 hours per week. As our workload increases significantly in tax season, additional time being necessary to ensure the level of service we’re known for providing to our clients, typically between 60 and 65 hours per week from early January through April 15. This position works directly with and reports to the partners of the firm. The Manager Level Accountant role is hands-on, requiring attention to detail and significant collaboration in performing accounting and tax functions.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assume full responsibility for large audit assignments falling within his expertise.
• Supervise the assignment of duties to, and the training of, personnel assigned to the engagement.
• Supervise a number of engagements at one time.
• In connection with engagements, be responsible for personnel scheduling, compliance with due dates, and monitoring time budgets.
• Adequately review all working papers and the completed reports to ascertain that both meet firm standards.
• Communicate firm policies and technical information to accounting and auditing personnel through individual or group meetings.
• Motivate and assist staff in their professional development.
• Represent the firm in professional and service organizations.
• Develop the firm’s reputation and his own through conducting seminars, making speeches, and the like.
• Assist partners with practice development and practice management.
• Assisting partners with special projects
• Other duties and tasks as needed.
The Manager Level Accountant will report to the firm partners.
Education and Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; or equivalent training and experience. Current CPA licensure is required.
Technical Requirements: Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Direct experience with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and Thomson Reuters. Strong overall computer literacy is necessary.
Experience: At least 7 years of experience in public accounting. Strong tax experience in individual, corporate, and nonprofit tax preparation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical for this successfully performing this role.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Must be able to perform basic tasks consistent with an office environment including but not limited to sitting at a desk for long periods of time, bending, crouching or kneeling to access files from ground level to 4.5 feet above the ground, pushing/pulling of file drawers, reaching in all directions and working at a computer and/or telephone for prolonged periods of time. The following capabilities are required but not limited to: able to see for purposes of reading instructions, labels and other printed matter; ability to operate computer hardware and peripheral devices; able to hear and understand speech at normal levels in person and/or on the telephone; able to communicate verbally so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation in person and/or on the telephone.
Retirement plan with company match; Health insurance; Life insurance; Paid Time Off.